How to contact us
Lobster Locations Ltd, trading as Lobster Locations, is a privately-owned company. Our registered office is 19-20 Bourne Court, Unity Trading Estate, Southend Road, Woodford Green, England, IG8 8HD and our registered company number is 10748488
We can be contacted by email on [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Data we hold
Lobster Locations may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We will only ever ask for or collect personal data if it is required for a specific purpose, for example:
How we use your personal data
We will use personal data to properly provide the services and fulfil any contractual obligations that exist between Lobster Locations and you (for example, in order to verify your identity for security purposes). We will also use your personal data where you expressly consent to such use eg to provide reference information to third parties.
- We may also process your personal data in accordance with our legitimate business interests, namely: To inform you of other goods and services we provide, or offers that may interest you (direct marketing) where you have consented to this, or we have provided other similar goods or services to you previously
- To conduct analysis, in order to help us improve efficiency and the quality of the services we offer.
- To better understand our customers’ needs by requesting feedback, reviews or survey forms (to be completed by you at your discretion)
We may also process your personal data in order for Lobster Locations to comply with our various legal obligations; this might include:
- Providing for financial commitments between us and you, or to relevant financial authorities.
- To assess, defend or enforce our legal rights
- Complying with industry regulatory requirements and any self-regulatory schemes.
- Carrying out required business operations and due diligence; e.g. administration, security, reorganisations, investment or corporate/asset sales.
- Co-operating with the police and relevant authorities, to prevent, detect or report criminal activity, or to detect, prevent or report fraud.
If you ask us to delete your personal data, or if you do not provide accurate personal data to us, we will not be able to deliver the services and we will have to terminate our contract.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes at any time – [email@example.com] – as it is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
Where we obtain your personal data
We will collect data directly from you, when you contact us. We may also gather personal data from other sources including technical sources that gather data over time when you visit our online platforms.
Information collected by our website
Listed below are the types of customer and technical data that our online platform collects, with examples:
- Cookie Identifiers include Create-Send; GoogleAnalytics_ID; GlobalE_cookie; hotjar_cookie (more information is provided below).
- Identity Data includes first name, last name and email address.
- Contact Data includes address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location by country, operating system and device details.
- Usage Data such as information about how you use our website, and which locations you have viewed.
- Preferences Data includes your consent preferences in receiving marketing information. This helps us to manage our relationship with you and ensures you only receive communications that are relevant and timely.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved and also so your online experience can be improved. Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use. Functions usually performed by a cookie can be achieved by other means, for example, device fingerprinting techniques. Device fingerprinting is a technique that involves combining a set of information elements in order to uniquely identify a particular device. Other technologies which may store information, or gain access to information stored, on your device include scripts, tracking pixels and plugins
We use essential cookies to operate our website (these are “basic performance cookies”), so that you can visit and move around it, and use its features. We do not require your consent to use these cookies but you may be able to block these cookies yourself on your device/browser. However, without these cookies, our site is unlikely to work as you would expect.
We also use analytics cookies for statistical analysis purposes. This helps us to understand how visitors use and move around our website, in order for us to improve and adapt our site to best meet your needs by, for example, making the most popular features the easiest to find and access or ensuring that our site works properly on the devices and technologies our visitors use.
If you engage with third party organisations through our website, those third parties may place cookies on your browser. The cookies may inform the third parties about your visit to our site, which may then be used by those organisations to deliver targeted messages and marketing to you. These third party cookies are not within Lobster Locations’ control. We are not responsible for them, and have no access to the information they gather. Those cookies are subject to the third party organisations’ own cookie policies on their own websites, and you will need to review them separately.
All recent versions of popular browsers give you an element of control over cookies. For more information on how to control cookies, look at the “Help” section of AllAboutCookies.Org or read your browser guide
Sharing your personal data
In order to provide the services to you, we may need to share your personal data with third-parties such as other service providers, agents, contractors and professional advisors. These may include other clients of Lobster Locations who need to know your contact details and property details in order to visit and/or book your location. We may also share your information with law enforcement and regulatory bodies where requested or required by law.
In the event that we sell or reorganise our business, or if otherwise required by law or by an authorised regulator, we may transfer your personal data as a part of the general business data to the relevant parties.
Storing your personal data
We retain your personal data while you remain a client/sub-contractor/agent or a user of our goods/services and for as long as is reasonably necessary in order to demonstrate that we have complied with our legal obligations, including for tax purposes.
We want you to be confident with how your information is being handled by Lobster Locations.
- You may request a copy to the information we hold on you in a machine-readable format, and the purposes for which your personal data is being processed. When requesting a copy from Lobster Locations, please be as specific as possible about the subject matter and dates which you are concerned with (please see below for further information on subject access requests)
- You have a right to rectification of any personal data that is incorrect. We will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors you notify us of as soon as is reasonably practical
- You have the right to object to how we use your information if you believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with your rights.
- You may request that we erase your personal data at anytime, though in cases where there is a remaining relevant or legal reason why we are required to keep the data, we will restrict the amount of processing being conducted to what is absolutely necessary, in line with our legal rights, in order to minimise the impact the processing will have.
- You have the right to complain (see below).
We strive to maintain the highest of standards so we ask that any complaints are brought to our attention as soon as an issue arises, so we can properly investigate matters on [firstname.lastname@example.org].
If you would like to make a complaint about Lobster Locations to a supervisory authority, you may do so by contacting the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, or any of the other reporting methods listed on their website: https://ico.org.uk/concerns
Transfers of personal data to foreign countries
From time to time we may make use of service providers to support our business delivery, for instance, website hosting and analytics. These may be based outside the European Economic area. We have contracts in place with our data processors to ensure that the recipient organisation has a suitable standard of data protection in place. Lobster Locations will only transfer your personal data to a country outside the European Union (EU) where it has appropriate protections in place to enable compliance with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).